Coating is a unique opportunity to provide 3D print models with a high-quality protective layer. The coating protects the models against various external influences.
Coating for 3D printed models
- Protection against UV light
- Protection against chemicals
- Protection against dirt
- Protection against salt water
- Protection against wear and scratches
- Reduced gas permeability
- Maintain colour
- Provide resistance to corrosion and oxidation
FDA Coating & UV Coating for 3D printed models:
At Oceanz we use FDA coatings and UV coatings on 3D printed models. FDA stands for Food and Drugs Administration (FDA). Because of the contact with food and medicines, the coatings used in production processes must comply with these European and American standards. UV Coatings protect against the discolouration of the 3D printed model by the influence of UV radiation. UV coatings are used for example in 3D printed models for the:
- Maritime sector
- Mechanical engineering
- Industrial applications
- Design and architecture
- Medical industry
An UV coating has some advantages besides resistance to UV and weather influences:
- UV coating forms a protective layer with a high density that prevents the formation of chemical deposits.
- The coating has a high chemical resistance (does not react or hardly with chemicals) and leads to a strong reduction of the gas permeability of the surface.
- Offers very high resistance to corrosion and oxidation.
More information and advice on post-processing of a 3D print?
Feel free to contact us.