Together with AchilleonZorg Oceanz developed the first 3D printed prosthesis tube. This prosthesis was fitted to a 3-year-old patient for who an amputation of
Considerable benefit is gained in time and money thanks to the 3D printed leg prosthesis that Orthin (part of AchilleonZorg) has brought to the market together with Oceanz. A 3D scan can be made at any desired location. The acquired digital file can be modeled into a final product using specific software.
3. The prosthesis is handed in and provided with a cosmetic finish. Time schedule: From the measurement to the end product, the process takes 6-8 weeks on average. This entire process takes place in Orthin’s own workshop.
3. 3D printing Time schedule: The scan, modeling and delivery at Oceanz can be done within 24 hours. Printing the scan takes a few days. It is therefore possible to deliver a 3D printed prosthesis within 2 weeks.
With the 3D printed prosthesis it is possible for the patient to walk on the test tube within a few days. After the trial run, the prosthesis is provided with a cosmetic finish.
- Thanks to a 3D scan, there is no more gypsum waste.
- Wear comfort for the patient, the 3D device is less heavy. For example, there are fewer metal parts.
- Personalizing: On request the patient can have his / her name printed on the prothesis, the color can be chosen and a personal print can be placed on it.
- With the digitally acquired data, all starting values are available for a repeat feature, these are reproducible.
- It can be scanned on location, this means convenience for the patient.
- More efficient production; fewer man hours in the workplace
- Scanning up to 3D printing of the device is a faster process than in the old-fashioned way of plaster, modeling and manual manufacturing of the device.
- Reduce delivery times.
- In addition to a patient-friendly treatment, the health insurer will also benefit from this more advantageous method. The care has to be cheaper and with this development Orthin hopes to contribute to this.
- As an orthopedic instrument maker, it is important to distinguish yourself in the market. Health insurers critically look around and will contract fewer orthopedic instrument makers in the future. With this development the orthopedic instrument maker hopes to remain an interesting partner for health insurers.